As a trained educational professional and a former collegiate athlete and high school coach, we specialize in working with student-athletes and families who can play their sport at the collegiate level.
Scroll to the bottom of this page to complete our brief questionnaire!
Student-Athlete Development & Social Competence (Ages 10 and Up):
The DAE Foundation is primarily responsible for the strategic implementation of new technology solutions that improve the student athlete efficiency while meeting the school, community and student athlete goals. This program is for Elementary, Middle and High School levels. We focus on assisting and consulting; developing and managing models for coaches, student athletes and their families; and creating athletic resources.
We utilize the DAE Foundation’s Oatmeal Recipe in our Student-Athlete Development & Social Competence Program. The focus is to manufacture a sense of strategic social competence solutions that will improve student athlete’s efficiency while meeting athletic, academic and nutritional goals..
The topics covered include:
- Conflict Mediation (Teammates, Friends, Siblings, Teachers, Coaches)
- Nutritional Programs
- Student Athlete Resource Programs
- Motivation to Achieve
- Goal Setting
- Anxiety Reduction Techniques
- Positive Self-Talk Strategies
Collegiate Consulting for Student-Athletes:
Collegiate Consulting for scholarship student-athletes naturally accelerates the college search process. Starting this process early is necessary so student-athletes have ample opportunities to market themselves to college coaches to gain exposure and receive critical feedback on their potential level of college play. For student-athletes, overlaying the athletic fit during the college search makes the matching process more complex. The student-athlete’s college list may be revised several times before the final target list is complete.
We treat all our athletes as students first. we provide student-athletes with the following guidance as part of their college search process:
- Obtain honest evaluation of student-athlete’s athletic talent level
- Researching schools from Divisions based on the OATMEAL RECIPE
- Discuss athletic strengths/weaknesses linked to personality type
- Review NCAA rules and regulations including the NCAA eligibility process
- Provide strategies for effective self-marketing to college coaches (i.e. Athletic Profile, Video, etc.)
- Explore the pros and cons of NCAA Division I, II, and III
- Monitor progress for SAT/ACT tests
- Information on NCAA clearinghouse
- Provide coach contact information for colleges on target list
- Monitor progress of student-athlete/college coach relationship up until July after junior year
- Prepare Target List of colleges specifically tailored to the student-athlete
- Advise planning of official and/or unofficial athletic campus visits
We also offer an essential marketing tool for the student-athlete:
Athletic Profile: an online website containing pictures of student-athlete with sport-specific statistics, coach quotes and contact information, ready to be emailed directly to coaches on college target list.
We provide student-athletes with the following guidance as part of their college application process:
- Continue to monitor progress of student-athlete/college coach relationship through senior year
- Advise official athletic campus visits
- Guide student-athlete with signing of National Letter of Intent (if applicable)
- Assist student-athlete in evaluating athletic options and making final college decision
Our expertise in the collegiate planning process allows us to advise student-athletes interested in pursuing a PG year. We help families explore the pros and cons to each scenario as they weigh the academic and athletic options that best fit their future goals.