As a trained educational professional and a former collegiate athlete and high school coach, we specialize in working with student-athletes and families who can play their sport at the collegiate level.
Scroll to the bottom of this page to complete our brief questionnaire!
Collegiate Consulting for Student-Athletes:
Collegiate Consulting for scholarship student-athletes naturally accelerates the college search process. Starting this process early is necessary so student-athletes have ample opportunities to market themselves to college coaches to gain exposure and receive critical feedback on their potential level of college play. For student-athletes, overlaying the athletic fit during the college search makes the matching process more complex. The student-athlete’s college list may be revised several times before the final target list is complete.
We treat all our athletes as students first. we provide student-athletes with the following guidance as part of their college search process:
- Obtain honest evaluation of student-athlete’s athletic talent level
- Researching schools from Divisions based on the OATMEAL RECIPE
- Discuss athletic strengths/weaknesses linked to personality type
- Review NCAA rules and regulations including the NCAA eligibility process
- Provide strategies for effective self-marketing to college coaches (i.e. Athletic Profile, Video, etc.)
- Explore the pros and cons of NCAA Division I, II, and III
- Monitor progress for SAT/ACT tests
- Information on NCAA clearinghouse
- Provide coach contact information for colleges on target list
- Monitor progress of student-athlete/college coach relationship up until July after junior year
- Prepare Target List of colleges specifically tailored to the student-athlete
- Advise planning of official and/or unofficial athletic campus visits
We also offer an essential marketing tool for the student-athlete:
Athletic Profile: an online website containing pictures of student-athlete with sport-specific statistics, coach quotes and contact information, ready to be emailed directly to coaches on college target list.
We provide student-athletes with the following guidance as part of their college application process:
- Continue to monitor progress of student-athlete/college coach relationship through senior year
- Advise official athletic campus visits
- Guide student-athlete with signing of National Letter of Intent (if applicable)
- Assist student-athlete in evaluating athletic options and making final college decision
Our expertise in the collegiate planning process allows us to advise student-athletes interested in pursuing a PG year. We help families explore the pros and cons to each scenario as they weigh the academic and athletic options that best fit their future goals.
Sport Psychology Services:
We offer individualized sessions to help the student-athlete optimize his/her mental preparation and improve mental toughness. Incorporating techniques used by athletes, coaching will be tailored to each student’s needs, and may include help with:
- Motivation to Achieve
- Goal Setting
- Anxiety Reduction Techniques
- Positive Self-Talk Strategies