Jermel President is a former Burke High School Bulldog and went on to a brilliant career at the College of Charleston (’95-’99). This former point guard is a member of the College of Charleston Hall of Fame. On Feb 12, 2011 Jermel was given the ultimate honor of having his number retired and it is now hanging from the rafters of the Cougar’s home court, The TD Bank Arena. After his college career, Jermel, enjoyed a professional career and was coached by National Basketball Hall of Famer The Great Rick Barry. Upon completing his playing career Mr. President, reflected on trials and tribulations from growing up in the Charleston inner city. This birthed the desire to his community, which resulted in him founding the NON-Profit organization called the DAE Foundation.
In addition to leading his team at the DAE Foundation, his other endeavors and affiliations include:
- College of Charleston, Alumni Board, (2007)
- SAFY Board Member (2009)
- Cougar Club Board (Booster Club-2007)
- MUSC College of Nursing Board, Co-Chair (2009)
- Leadership South Carolina (2010)
- President Productions (2013)
- Assistant Coach/Fort Dorchester High School (specializing in personal training, athletic curriculum advisement and consulting service for schools and coaches)
- Head Varsity Basketball Coach, Athletic Director and Diversity Coordinator at Oceanside Collegiate Academy (2016 – 2018)
Personal Mission Statement: Jermel President’s mission, developed through his company DAE Foundation, is to educate and train student-athletes to become skilled, effective and responsible citizens of their communities. Jermel addresses the needs of student-athletes in a holistic manner, combining innovative basketball skills training with an emphasis on moral character, academic progress, and overall physical and mental health. With 20 years of service to this craft, Jermel will work with parents and fellow educators to defeat the stigma of the uneducated athlete, by better preparing the student athlete for life beyond the sport.
If you or your school/organization can benefit from a deeper connection with athletes, parents, teachers, and the community through an affiliation with a progressive non-profit organization that fosters the evolution of the student-athlete to future business leaders, please contact us.